This Policy sets out in detail the purposes for which we process your personal information, who we share it with and your rights in relation to that information. It outlines how we collect, use and process, store and destroy information about you.
‘Personal information’ is any factual or subjective information which relates to an identified or identifiable natural person. Information which could identify you or from which your identity could be obtained, either directly or indirectly.
The information we collect and where from.
The type of information we collect includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Your full name
- Your company name
- Your position
- Your address
- Your email address
- Your mobile and/or landline telephone number (and fax number if applicable)
- Your bank details and/or credit/debit card details
We collect some of this information directly from you when you place an order, set up an account or register with us; whether this be over the phone, in person, via one of our websites or via one of our customers or suppliers. Other information is collected when provided voluntarily by you when you contact us, or one of our suppliers or customers, with an enquiry, query, complaint or comment. We also collect personal information in the form of leads from third parties outsourced by exhibition organisers, where you have also voluntarily provided the information in the form of a scanned exhibition pass/badge. Consent is given when you action any of the above.
The personal information collected is only the minimal information that is required to provide you with our requested products and services, including but not limited to, assessing an application for credit. All information we collect will be collected and processed fairly and lawfully.
Please be advised Hygienius Limited cannot guarantee a secure transmission via the internet. We advise you to be conscious of possible risks with any transferring of personal information, as whilst we strive to protect your personal information we cannot accept any liability or take any responsibility for information supplied from unsecure websites. Once we have received your personal information we will follow this policy to endeavour to secure it.
Please also remember you are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your usernames, PINs and passwords.
How we use your information and disclose it.
The personal information collected from you is used for the following purposes:
- To set up an account with our company
- To assess your application for credit
- To provide you with information, products and services that you have requested from us
- To administer the terms and conditions of any contract with you
- To respond to your enquiry, query, comment or complaint; and
- Database and website management
The personal information we collect and use will always be processed under one of the following lawful bases:
- Consent: you have given us clear consent to process the person information
- Contract: the processing is necessary for a contract we have with you, or you have asked us to take specific steps before entering into a contract
- Legal obligation: the processing is necessary for us to comply with the law
- Vital Interest: the processing is necessary to protect someone’s life
Your personal information will be treated as strictly confidential; it will never be sold, shared, or rented to any third parties for the purposes of marketing.
We do not disclose any personal information to third parties other than for the reasons as stated below:
- When necessary to provide you with the products and services you have requested; for example, for delivery of order purposes, or to forward to a credit broker for finance quotations/options as requested by you
- When we are required by law; or
- When you have provided consent for us to do so
Examples of third parties who we may disclose to, for the above purposes, are as follows:
- Courier companies such as, but not limited to, Parcelforce, TNT, Jempsons/PalletForce
- Our suppliers; for direct delivery or service works
- Credit brokers such as, but not limited to, Shire Leasing
- Subcontractors such as, but not limited to, engineers for repairs/servicing or deliveries
We may share your details with service providers who work on our behalf for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you, for example; payment processing, website hosting by our webmaster or email delivery services.
You can delete the Cookies already on your device from the privacy or history areas, normally available from the settings or options menu in the browser.
Some of the Cookies we use are essential for our websites to operate and therefore if you choose not to accept Cookies from our websites then you may be unable to access all or part of the site.
How we store and protect your personal information.
We are committed to protecting the personal information you provide to us, and have adopted strict policies to do this.
Bank account details are held within our bank account application which is only accessible by selective members of staff with authorised access over a secure internet connection. These details are stored until such time that they are no longer required, at which point they will be permanently deleted.
Hygienius Ltd maintains full compliance with PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard) to enhance payment card data security and provide a secure ecommerce environment for our customers.
When payments are made by card, the customer copy of the card terminal receipt will be sent by post with the order invoice, the merchant copy of the card terminal receipt will be stored in a secure location, accessible by authorised employees only, and destroyed as confidential waste within three months of the payment date.
Orders placed via our websites allow for your information to be stored within those websites, if you have registered for an account at this time then you have access to view, amend or delete this information at any time, however if you checkout as a ‘guest’ then the information is stored for 90 days from the despatch date of the order, at which point the information will be removed from our website by form of deletion by us; but your personal information will remain within our company as detailed above.
When using any of our websites, Hygienius Ltd are not responsible for the privacy notices, practices or content of any other websites; even if accessed through links which we provide on our websites. We recommend that you check the policy of each website you visit before disclosing any personal information.
- The right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you, and where available access the information; such as through your account on our websites
- The right to request that we correct any of your personal information if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date
- The right to request for your personal information to be removed/deleted where it is no longer necessary to retain such information (‘The right to be forgotten’)
- The right to request a restriction is placed on further processing, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or the lawfulness of the processing of your personal information
- The right to portability of your personal information
- The right to object to the processing of your personal information, where applicable i.e. where processing is based on legitimate interests, direct marketing and processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research.
We do not transfer personal information outside the EEA.
Should you wish to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you, this is called a ‘subject access request’ and must be made in writing to the email or address below.
We strive to keep our records as accurate as possible to be able to fulfil our services to you and therefore if your information changes or if you feel any of the personal information we hold about you is incorrect, irrelevant or misleading please contact us immediately and we will make the appropriate corrections.
If you are unhappy with how we have processed your personal information you have the right to complain to The Information Commissioner’s Officer (ICO), which regulates data protection compliance in the UK. You can find out how to do this by visiting www.ico.org.uk.
Our websites are not intended for children. If you become aware that a child under the age of 16 has provided us with their personal information, please contact us.
How to contact us
Hygienius Limited, Unit 17, Platt Industrial Estate, Maidstone Road, Borough Green, Kent, TN15 8JL